ALGA is the peak body for local government at the national level and advocates for local government’s interests with the Australian Government.
Our 2014-17 Strategic Plan and annual action plan, developed and agreed by the ALGA Board, determines the priorities and strategies related to our business and provides the focus for our activities, resources, the work of the Secretariat, and action taken on strategic opportunities.
Our core policy priority areas as agreed in the 2014-17 Strategic Plan are:
- Local Government Financing
- Roads, Infrastructure and Transport
- Natural and Built Environment
- Regional Equity and Development
- Community, Sustainability and Resilience
- Strengthening Democratic Processes