CARBON PRICE AND LANDFILL NATIONAL FORUM
The Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) in partnership with the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency convened a Carbon Price and Landfill National Forum on 23 - 24 April 2012, to support council’s understand and meet their obligations under the Australian Government’s Carbon Price Mechanism (CPM).
Presentations and Speeches from the Forum can be found below.
- Chloe Munro, Chair and CEO, Clean Energy Regulator – The business of climate change
- Maya Stuart-fox, Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency - Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI)
- Elisa De Wit, Norton Rose - Introduction to the Clean Energy Package and its application to local government
- Matthew Dudley, Albury City Council - Albury City and the Carbon Price Mechanism
- David Oxenham, Tweed Shire Council - Landfill Emissions Response and Positive approach to landfill gas
- Ross Carter, Executive General Manager, Clean Energy Regulator - The Carbon Price Mechanism and waste - liability and compliance
- Matthew Bell, Ernst and Young - Managing financial exposure of the carbon price
- Stephen Bygrave, General Manager, Clean Energy Regulator - Carbon price mechanism and waste technical session
An online waste calculator is available for all councils that own landfills to estimate whether they are likely to emit more than 25,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions. The calculator should be used to assess whether their council is liable under the Clean Energy Bill and take appropriate steps to register and manage their carbon liability. To access the calculator, click here.
For further information: