As the peak body representing local government in Australia, ALGA makes numerous submissions and presentations to a broad range of organisations and bodies. These include:
- Parliamentary committees conducting inquiries of interest and relevance to local government
- National organisations conducting inquiries and studies, such as the Productivity Commission
- Political parties and individual parliamentarians
- The Australian Government, its ministers, departments and agencies
- International bodies and agencies
These submissions advance the interests of local government and address issues of concern to councils and the communities they collectively serve.
ALGA is pleased to present this submission for consideration in the preparation of the 2016/2017 Federal Budget. This submission will focus on ensuring the services local communities rely on are secure for the future.
ALGA is pleased to present 'Local Government's Plan for an Innovative and Prosperous Australia' to the major political parties ahead of the Federal election. You can read the plan here.