As the peak body representing local government in Australia, ALGA makes numerous submissions and presentations to a broad range of organisations and bodies. These include:
- Parliamentary committees conducting inquiries of interest and relevance to local government
- National organisations conducting inquiries and studies, such as the Productivity Commission
- Political parties and individual parliamentarians
- The Australian Government, its ministers, departments and agencies
- International bodies and agencies
These submissions advance the interests of local government and address issues of concern to councils and the communities they collectively serve.
The Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) is pleased to present this Submission to highlight Local Government's priorities for consideration in the lead up to the 2017-18 Federal Budget are now underway.